Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Deer Oh dear!


Walking out this morning spotted this deer being hung in the neighbour's garage ready to be butchered this afternoon. Took over a pot of the jam to ask permission for the photo. This is really buying local in my mind, if you don't hunt it, kill it and then cook it don't bother to tell me to ' buy local'. On a similar note I did my hunter/gather thing today, as I had used up all the lemons in the garden. I spied on my walk a tree overburdened with fruit. I knocked on the door and asked if I could pick a bag. No worries! They even offered me a bag. Not a problem I replied, "I came prepared". Promised a pot of jam will be put in the letterbox tomorrow. By the way Mr & Mrs H next door (they of the deer) tell me they rarely buy meat. Mr H shoots rabbits, goat and deer and is a keen fisherman and diver. His vege garden is immaculate. We are fortunate to live in such a temperate climate.

1 comment:

  1. Are you angling to get some of this deer, dear. Saw the first Masterchef thought you could have wioed the floor with them.

    ReplyDelete